Hello again. I had a recent challenge to model a compound curved roof complete with curved windows, support frame and trimmed cross-beams.
- Inventor surface freeform tools to create the curved surface controlling the roof shape.
- Creation of workplane grid to define window positions.
- Creation of intersection curves in 3D sketch to define support frame paths.
- Use of the Split tool to split the roof surface into individual window sections.
- Use of the ‘Split All’ option when splitting surfaces to save time.
- Use of some iLogic/API code to automate the shrinking and thickening of each window.
- ‘Make Components’ tool to create an individual part file for each window.
- Frame Generator for main support beams.
- Frame Generator – Trimming of cross-beams.
Job done. But there’s always room for improvement. Any of you Inventor gurus got any suggestions?